HRFP COVID-19 Policies
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your continued patience, understanding and cooperation.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we want to assure you that our number one priority continues to be the safety of our patients and staff. With the direction of the CDC and Department of Public Health, we have adjusted our protocols.
1. When calling for an appointment, we ask that you make us aware if you or any family member has been sick, has had a known exposure, has tested positive for COVID-19 or is currently being tested for COVID-19.
2. We ask that when you arrive in the parking lot, please give the office a call and we will let you know when we are ready to receive you in the office. This is for both sick and well appointments. No one will be waiting in the waiting room.
a. Additionally, well patients being seen for routine follow ups or physicals have the option to enter the office through the employee entrance if escorted by the nursing staff or provider.
3. We are asking that when coming in for any visit, well or sick, that adults attend visits alone whenever possible and pediatric patients limit accompaniment to one parent/caregiver with the exception of birth-1month visits (allowing both parents to attend). Additionally, we request that families limit pediatric visits to one child at a time whenever possible.
4. All exam rooms are being thoroughly cleaned in between each visit. This includes wiping down the exam table, counters, chairs and door handles.
5. Every person (staff, provider, or patient) is required to wear a face covering while inside the office. All staff of HRFP undergo temperature monitoring.
6. All copays and deductible payments are required to be paid with credit card via phone until further notice. We may not accept cash or check payments.
7. If you are unable to be seen in the office, you may be evaluated with a Telemedicine Visit!
Telemedicine brings you the quality of care you expect but allows you to do it right from your home.
Telemedicine is a virtual one-on-one office visit through an application (Skype) or website (Doxy.me) accessed via your phone, tablet, or computer. You will see a provider in real time to discuss your health or the health of your child. The provider will be able to assess symptoms and issues and make the necessary recommendations, including an in office visit for further evaluation, prescribing medications and/or scheduling follow up appointments.
Should you need assistance; please give the office a call and we will be happy to help. Just like with scheduling an in person visit, we will do our best to accommodate your time constraints but ultimately it also needs to work with the providers schedule.
Other things to know:
- Telemedicine visits are typically reimbursed by insurance companies but copays and/or deductibles would apply just like in person office visits.
- We strongly encourage you to check your vital signs just prior to your Telemedicine visit as this allows us a more comprehensive exam (Temperature, Weight, Heart Rate; Blood Pressure for adults if possible).
- For Asthma Medication Management please have all inhalers, aerochambers, etc. available to demonstrate. If you think your or your child is actively wheezing or having a flare up then this should be scheduled as an in-person office visit.
- For any Medication Refill visits, please have all medications on hand to be reviewed if needed.
- Make sure you have a camera/microphone on your computer or mobile device.
We understand that it will be hard for families to adjust to some of the changes that we're temporarily instituting. We hope that through the years of taking care of you and your family, you have gained trust in us and know that we have your best interests in mind, with the recommendations that we make.
If you have any questions, please call us.